Saturday, March 03, 2007

Food

I swear by Discovery Channel and Living. People close to me knows that I love Jamie Oliver shows, who cares whether they are repeated, I just don't mind watching it over and over again. Besides Jamie, I love Anthony Bourdain too. His food travelling is just so interesting where he scours Asia for food that normally the white people don't eat. But besides all about food, his shows tap into the culture of different societies and how what they eat reflect who they are. The most interesting part that made me want to blog about him is that in modern times, there has constantly been a culture switching fever fueled by curiosity(at least for the non-pragmatics). Tony(for short) seems so amazed by the indigenious and out-of-world ingredients eat and gives it full praise while us Asians are baffled with the effort put in to create a whole dining experience rather then just the food alone, like taking small steps at a time to attain the true nirvana. Nevertheless, travel or not, I learnt so much from reading and watching travelogues and I am so glad to be in Singapore, where multi cultures cross, where with an open mind and heart you learn about other people and most importantly try all kinds of food here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com