Monday, February 26, 2007

Letters


I think I am one of the lucky ones among my friends to watch Letters From Iwo Jima first, watched it on the day it opened, even though it was the first row. I mean my friends couldnt get any tickets after that. The show was magnetic, i mean, it drew me totally to it, throughout the 140 mins, and not just by the action but also the history. It revealed the vulnerability of the Japanese which I never encountered because of what they teach about the Occupation in school. After I got home, I went to read the whole history of the event.For the first 15 mins of the show, I knew that I will enjoy it tremendously, not just because I love war films but because of the emotional warfare and naive pride that exchanged in the show. And I did. Now, just hope that Clint would win an oscar even though I hope Martin Scores.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com