Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fuck the Flu

I woke up to an sms sent from CNA :

The World Health Organization on Wednesday raised its pandemic alert to 5, its second-highest level, warning of widespread human infection from the swine flu outbreak that originated in Mexico.

I could not go back to sleep already. My worry is on a personal level, putting it bluntly, I am selfish. I secretly feel that the flu won't reach this side of the world, just like how SARS didn't reach that side of the world. Maybe is the difference in genetic makeup between an Asian and a Caucasian.but the Filipinos got infected before too.I don't know.

But i still await nervously because I don't my US trip to be cancelled because of a bloody flu, or because of anything. And the worse, if they going to quarantine us at home, our exams will get delayed and our trip will be affected also. Damn. but i have faith.

This trip doesn't seem as smooth sailing as others I had been to. especially in recent weeks, things are happening. And I will pack my bags, looking forward excitedly but nervously. An emotional tussle impending? At least for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com