Monday, March 02, 2009

visa

A trip to the US embassy was dreaded, especially when I was going alone and hearing people whined about how long the waiting time was. I waited like an hour plus. Didn't bother to make any small talk with people queuing beside me either. Even though I knew they were on the same prog, I just bo chap la. Aniwaes, after I had gotten the right queue no. after the wrong one, I just sat down and wait. wanted to read my ELC notes when I started to eavsdrop. There were 3 girls seating in front of me, talking excitedly about the trip, about how they had started bank accounts for their trip, how much money they were bringing... They started to talk about school while I pretended I was trapped in my notes as my ears grew longer and longer. They talked about this guy who,all along, had good results,missing out from examinations as he was sick and started to describe how good, academically, he was.The girl who was directly in front of me, dressed in a blue vintage blouse, seating as if her spine had an artificial support suddenly paid a lot of attention to the description by her friend and gave the arrogant smirk like, "Oh, is it?" Then they left which opened up my view to the female interviewer, whom I was facing directly. God, for the rest of the session I was glued to her, gleefully hoping that she's my interviewer. She looked like Linda Chung, 'cept with more baby fats and maybe shorter. How not to stop looking? And obviously she's an ABC who can speak both english and mandarin, with a taiwanese taste for the latter. for ___ sake, when I got her as my interviewer, I was anxious but equally excited, the close proximity I was from her, separated by a clear glass panel. my trip was worthwhile... for getting my visa approved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com