Monday, March 30, 2009

foreigner

i was on the bus home, sitted at my usual seat(front portion of the bus, nearest to the tv). It was showing America's Funniest Home Videos, i was part watching, part dreaming. In my mind, i was just thinking about the satisfaction i will get from eating the roast duck from Kay Lee for dinner later, thoughts of the oily but well roasted skin were filling up my head. and then Suddenly I got a shock and a reflex action of jumping off my seat was followed.

Without tapping my shoulders or saying hello, she went behind and close to my ear

China Lady: “起道” 在哪?
me: Huh?
China Lady: Avenue 7
me: orh, 七道就在前面转了过后。

Wa lao, firstly she stunned me, secondly she spoke in some foreign language(she's a foreigner speaking mandarin in some weird accent. She should have just asked in english. When in rome, do what the romans do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com