Monday, June 18, 2007

Holiday

I am on holiday, or rather, my holidays just ended. Actually there are still a few months before the dreadful but hugely anticipated yr 1 results are out, hopefully i have enough dough by then to roll another trip, see how it goes. Went Batam for church camp together with 2 days drive up to malacca, certainly enjoyable. Batam, excluding the not so important stonefish-bit-me-I-kept-quiet incident to Grace, the short eyecandying experience, the non-stop-eating lifestyle, was wonderfully enriching and catalytic. Spiritually of course. I just needed a push while they Holy Spirit gave me a touch and humbled me. On the last night, as I led worship and we sang the theme song, Abundant Life, the Christian perspective of hope dawned onto not only me, but everyone that sang with assurance. getting a respite and push from the troubles they are facing. With the fellowship everyone is enjoying, nobody wants to go home! As you grow older, I realise, there is also less energy for late nite emoing out sessions which explains this was the camp which I had the most sleep ever. Day after coming back from Batam, we drove up to Malacca. Driving on the highway was damn bloody fun, clocking speeds almost unlikely on local roads and raining bloody heavily eating all the good food(chicken rice balls, bak ku teh, perenakan food(FAV!!), chendol , checking out antiques and old records on Jonker walk and watching this old-indian-lady cladded in SARI dancing to rock & roll at the Geographers Bar, we had a good time as well. Nobody wants it to end, who says it is going to end, the good times will continue when I save my wages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com