Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trips

After mission trip in Thailand, I came back a sick man
After overseas CIP in Batam, I am still sick
Sick.. Physically

Guess both trips left an impression in me. A deep one which I will remember till my next trip. Perhaps the Thailand trip was longer and more compact, I felt that I did more. For the latter, I was there to oversee, thus i receive lesser. But I made new friends and the friendship was my gift for a short span of 3 days. Both trips made me overwhelmed. I was mobbed by the children in Thailand, for once I felt like a rockstar. In Batam, I was touched by a kid's love for God when he sang "Give Thanks". Got a hug rejected from a young girl got me back to my feet. And it was the first time I assembled a cupboard.

When I was in Thailand, I felt that God was being unfair. Why do some humans get to grow in a better environment than others. When I was in Batam I felt the same way. If all humans are equal, why is the starting line different? Do the people really want a simple life? Don't they have expectations? Don't they want to break out of the poverty cycle? If God wants the more fortunate to help the lesser, than why can't He equalise it from the first place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com